We would love to put a Northumbria squash rock band together to play at the end of season presentation.
The main idea behind it is to prevent what happened last year at Tynemouth and indeed many other years previous where people got their trophy and just left.
If we had a band made up of well known characters from different clubs – imagine the buzz that would create in the squash community!!
James Wilstrop and Lee Beechill had a band at Pontefract- but ours will be better!
Here’s how I see it:
- We do 4 songs – 1 before the presentations, 1 in the middle, & then 2 after the food
- We have a core band of drums, guitars x2, bass guitar. Keyboard,
- We have 4 different guest singers 1 per song
- The songs are well known, catchy songs
- All the song words are changed to make them squash , people or club relevant – and funny.
- The band is polished and rehearsed, which surprises everyone
- We play thru a mixing desk.
Now – it wont be easy. It will require us all to commit to it and help out in many aspects; getting equipment , somewhere to rehearse, equipment and mixing desk for the day, etc.
If you would like to give it a go and help make the night go with a bang, pls just call me or e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presentation night is on April 26th so we have time to do it if we start now.